Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Skink No Surrender

   This new book I recently just started reading is called " Skink No Surrender." The genre of the book is mystery. The book has many parts in where there a lot of suspense. Also the main charcter is a boy named Richard. Richard is a teen and h enjoys to spend time with his friends and cousins.
    One day Richard was gonna spend time with his cousin at the beach so they could scout for turtle nest. Before that his mother told him to be very careful because they may be some people who are not so nice. Richard was expecting his cousin their but he never showed up. He started to hear so breathing noises. He thought those noises where from his cousin just playing around with him. But he waited for his cousin to come out from where ever he was hiding but he never did. That's when Richard realized that it was someone else and not his cousin. In the book in page 3 it says " Approaching the turtles nest again, I put down the Easton and cupped my ears to muffle the sound of the waves. The mysterious breathing seemed to be coming from inside the rectangle of pink ribbons."  This part of the book is describing what Richard went to the beach to do and also it's showed what he was hearing. It talked about the breathing that was behind the bushes. This is a aha moment because it remind me when my mom also had told me the right thing to do but I didn't listen to her just like in the book.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an interesting book. I will look into reading it.

    ReplyDelete